Prices home letting
Our prices for the rental & property management of living spaces depend on the chosen service and package. Below an overview of our prices and services.
Rent upholstered or furnished accommodation
- Our regular price is 1 month's rent + VAT for the rental of a furnished or unfurnished living space in the Randstad.
- The fee depends on the duration of the rental, the number of properties and whether you want the entire process from A to Z taken care of.
- This includes professional photos, a home video, financial screening, thorough lease (NL & EN), inspection report and key transfer.
- A discount applies when adding property management, please contact us for a custom quote.
Total property management, no agency fees (brokerage)
- It can be nice not to have to pay agency fees when renting out your own home or investment, then total property management may be a good solution.
- No one-off commission for the rental, but a fixed monthly amount including property management.
- The monthly costs for this are 9.5% + VAT of the monthly rent.
- We take care of the property management, both financially and technically, and the movements of new tenants.
Letting with guaranteed return, no costs
- We rent your home as a company, so your monthly rent is guaranteed
- Always including professional property management.
- We focus on highly educated (expat) tenants, single people, couples and small families or sometimes 2 working professionals who are looking for a home together.
- No brokerage, no agency fees and no monthly fee.
- We will deliver the house fully furnished and Turn Key for the Expat tenant(s) and a slightly higher rent is paid for this service.
When you are going to rent an apartment or house in Amsterdam, you often run into the fact that there is paid parking and a permit is required in order not to run into high costs. Via this link you can check with the Municipality of Amsterdam for the address where you can park and what the costs are. Would you like to know more about a parking permit for residents? Click here to enter the address you have in mind, then you will immediately see all the information; such as the waiting time and price of a parking permit.
Whether you can rent out your house, if you have a mortgage on it, can be found in the mortgage conditions of the bank or lender. Most conditions state that you may not rent out the owner-occupied home without the permission of the mortgage provider. The lender does not have to give permission for this, every lender handles this differently.
One option may be to convert your mortgage into a rental mortgage. With a rental mortgage you have explicit permission from the lender to rent out the house. It is best to inquire with a mortgage advisor for this.
It is important to know whether you have coverage for, for example, your home insurance, in the case of renting out your house. That is why our advice is always to contact your insurance adviser or insurer to discuss the cover and, if necessary, to have a clause included that specifically states that there is also cover in a rented state.
Screening (prospect) tenants is an important part of renting out your home. The better you screen potential (expat) tenants in advance, the smaller the chance of hassle afterwards. An extensive screening also helps as a barrier against people who want to rent a home under false pretenses.
NEWCURB makelaars assesses the candidate tenant on the basis of the following activities:
- Testing in the BKR (credit registration bureau).
- Review in the EDR (credit information bureau).
- Identity check, test worldwide travel documents (passport or ID card) for authenticity, validity and in the missing / stolen database.
- Expat check, a check in the international blacklists.
- Request income data such as recent salary slips, including the bank statements of this salary, and an employer's statement.
- Requesting a landlord's statement if now in a rental home. The landlord statement is a reference of the current landlord.
Major maintenance is the responsibility of the landlord. You can think of replacing a central heating boiler, repairing window frames or painting the outer shell. The tenant is responsible for the daily minor maintenance, such as replacing a door handle or toilet seat.
A common question is whether furnished rental offers a better return than unfurnished rental. One of the advantages of furnished rental is that it can be very useful for expat tenants, since they can move into the house and do not have to buy furniture for a temporary rental period. In addition, the house can be rented out at a higher rent. If we look at the national average, this was approximately €2.50 per m2 for furnished homes in Q2 2021 than if you rented out the home unfurnished. (source: pararius)
The rules for renting out your home to multiple tenants, also known as home sharers, differ per municipality. In the municipality of Amsterdam, a permit is required for room rental if you want to rent it out to three or more people who do not form a family. It is always important to inform the municipality about the rules regarding room rental.
Here are some examples of service costs: Cleaning, caretaker, gas, water, electricity, depreciation of furniture, upholstery, glass insurance, etc. If you own an apartment, you pay owners Association costs, which you can partly pass on as service costs to a tenant.
Yes this is possible in various ways, in most cases this is done with a rental agreement for a definite period of time. Read more about temporary letting here.
Normally, the rent increase for a liberalized rental home (free sector) is not subject to a maximum. However, the government has decided for 2021 that there will be a maximum in connection with developments in the housing market, namely 1% plus inflation. This is from May 1, 2021 to May 1, 2024 and for 2021 (from May) this means a maximum increase of 2.4%.
A private sector rental home is a home that exceeds a rent of € 752.33 on the basis of the points system determined by the government. Free sector rental properties are via private landlords (investors) or housing associations. Rent allowance is not possible in most cases.
You can determine the rent for a private sector home yourself, there are no upper or lower limits. In addition, tenants look at the available rental properties at real estate agents and specific rental agents and search online on various housing websites such as Pararius and Funda. In order to properly rent out a property, it is therefore important to see what the rental prices are in your area and region in order to make a good estimate.